If you look through the app store on Itunes there are hundreds if not thousands of apps for photography. In this post I will go over My Top 5 iPhone Photography Apps. Sorry to the droid users out there nothing against the droid but I am an iPhone user, but I am sure droid has similar apps if not the same ones.
5) Pano- This app is a great app if you like panoramas. It's simple to use and easy to make beautiful panoramas. It will allow you to stitch together up to 16 photographs taken from your iPhone. It has a transparent layer to help you line up your pano. I Love this app for it's simplicity and interface. Currently it's on sale for $1.99
4) Pro HDR- HDR photography has been picking up a lot of steam lately in the digital world. Well did you know your iPhone can do HDR photography as well? There are several HDR apps out there but this one is my fav. My friend Ken Snyder the "HDR Guy" has written a post about it here. Take a look to learn more about HDR iPhone Photography. You can pick this app up for $1.99
3) Photoshop Express- Every photographer wants to put their best image out there even if it's an iPhone photograph. Photoshop and photography goes hand in hand, so why not have photoshop on your iPhone? Photoshop Express, lets you crop, convert to black and white, adjust exposure, do some sharpening and even add some special effects. It's a great tool to add to your arsenal. Best part about this app is that it's free!
2) Contract Maker Pro- If you are working photographer you know about contracts. Model releases, second shooter, bill of sale, copyright release, service agreement etc. Why not have all that on your iPhone? Well you can! Contract Maker Pro allows you to customize the contract of your choice. All you have to do is input the names and numbers, have the person sign via the touch screen on your iPhone, then Contractor Pro will email the contract to you and your client. No more paper, pens, briefcases, filing cabinets, you get the idea. It's a great tool for the mobile photographer. This app is currently priced at $4.99
1) The Photographers Ephemeris (TPE)- Being a nature and landscape photographer, this app is my go to app. It tells me where and when the moon or sun is rising and setting. It tells me that the distant foothill will cause the sunlight to falloff a bit earlier based on my current elevation. It will tell me what time the sun will strike the face of El Capitan. It's a valuable tool to have for that outdoor photographer. Here are the main features of this app.
- Time and direction of sunrise and sunset
- Time and direction of moonrise and moonset
- Phase of the moon and % illumination
- Times of civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- Save any location you want - no fixed lists
- Automatic time zone detection for any location on earth
- Determines elevation above sea level
- View azimuth and altitude of sun/moon for any time of day/night
- Distance, bearing and elevation angle between any two points
- Find when the sun/moon will appear from behind a hill
- Compensation for atmospheric refraction
- Compensation for elevation above the horizon
This is the most expensive app on my list at $8.99 but well worth it to the landscape photographer.